If you've ever wanted step-by-step directions for making an omelet, here they are.
The Incredible Omelet Almondine
Recipe from 1979 advertising
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. sugar
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup Blue Diamond Sliced Natural Almonds
1/2 to 2/3 cup dairy sour cream or yogurt
2 tbsp. strawberry or other fruit preserves
1. Mix eggs, water, sugar and salt with fork. Set aside.
2. in 8-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat, toast almonds in butter until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Spoon almonds and about half the butter into a bowl, then put 3 tbsp. almonds back in pan.
4. Pour in half the egg mixture which should set at edges at once.
5. Carefully push cooked eggs to center and tip and tilt pan so uncooked eggs can flow to the bottom.
6. While top is still moist and creamy-looking, fill with half of the sour cream and preserves.
7. Fold omelet over filling and turn onto plate.
8. Keep warm while preparing remaining omelet. Put 3 tbsp. toasted almonds and remaining butter in pan. Add remaining egg mixture and cook and fill as above.
9. Garnish with remaining toasted almond slices.
No one I know eats soft-boiled eggs anymore.
Perhaps they're afraid of salmonella.
Or maybe they forgot where they put their grandmother's egg cups.
Egg cups available for purchase here