Chewy Brownie Cookies, 1993 recipe
2/3 cup Crisco Shortening
1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tbsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz. pkg.)
1. Heat oven to 375˚F.
2. Combine Crisco, light brown sugar, water and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
3. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat eggs into creamed mixture.
4. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Drop rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375˚ for 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set. Cookies will appear soft and moist — do not overbake.
8. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Place sheets of foil on countertop. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely. Yields about 3 dozen cookies.