1957 recipe from old Pet ad
1. Mix in heavy 2-quart saucepan... 2 1/4 cups sugar, 1/4 cup butter or margarine, 3/4 cup Pet evaporated milk, 5-oz. jar marshmallow creme (1 cup).
2. Cook and stir to a full, all-over boil. Boil and stir over medium heat 5 minutes. Take off heat.
3. Stir in 6-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate pieces.
4. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and blended into mixture.
5. Pour into buttered 8- or 9-inch pan. Press shelled walnut halves into top of fudge. Cool thoroughly. Cut into about 2 to 3 dozen pieces. Makes 2 lbs.